1. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

20150614_124952.jpg
    I drive a Daimler Benz for daily driving!
    Justin and Aaron like this.
  2. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Thnx,left the East-Mercedes and right the West-Mercedes....;-)
  3. DaveinOz

DaveinOz Aussie Trabant Nutter Forum Donor

Nice W210 Michiel, what model is it?

I have 3 W110/W111 Fintails and have owned 10+ MB's as my daily drivers over the years - including several W123 diesels, a W116 450SE (what a great engine the M117 V8 is!) and a W126 280S. Currently my daily drive is a Mitsubishi L300 van, only because I needed a van and couldn't get an older MB van!
  4. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Hi Dave,

It is a 220 CDI model year '99. (old model)
    Recently I have make a swap into interior.
    Like from newer model (facelift) steering wheel with buttons and instrument cluster with larger display wich contains tripmaster,oil level indicator,display for radio etc. and can see navigation information.
    Old model did not have this so it was fun to make a little upgrade!

Regards,
    stuur 1.jpg stuur 2.jpg
  5. RHFabrications

RHFabrications Loyal Comrade

I do like a big old merc. I had a w123 280E a couple of years back and it was bloody marvellous.
  6. Ron

Ron Premium Member Forum Donor

Hello all,

[​IMG]

Here's my faithful Toyota jeep, getting on in years now, but always reliable and as yet unstoppable! Bonnie the dog's pretty much the same!
  7. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Behold!! 1,2 tonnes of slightly used 90 hp audi 80. :D

[​IMG]2014-12-03 13.09.31 by mati0921, on Flickr

447.444 km on the clock, and still keeps going. just replaced timing belt and put wintertyres on it, so it's ready for winter. :)
    I cant afford to have both the audi and trabi insured at the same time, so i can only drive on at a time. i will change over to the audi when tthey start spreading road salt. :)
  8. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Right choice!
    Audi sheet metal has better treathment in factory and will survive winter and salty roads....
    For Trabant now it is time for sleep during winter in a nice shelter!
  9. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

I did not chose it because it was an udi, but for the simple reason i got it for about 600 us dollars. :D

Just got on the internet and found the cheapes running car i could get after my fiat punto crapped out. :)
  10. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Ok,but choose the right one....;-)
  11. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Had a fiat punto before. That was a miss. paid way too much for it, and it was rusted all over the underside, and after about 5000 km the engine seized up on the highway. :(
    It would have been cheaper to take a taxi than getting that car... :)
  12. RHFabrications

I had three fiats in a row, the first was rubbish and I did not expect much, the second I used as a rally car and it needed constant maintenance and the third I only had for a couple of weeks and even in that time the wipers broke and the alternator didn't work properly. I won't ever have another, until they learn how to build cars properly!
  13. RHFabrications

[​IMG]

But this is my everyday car, which I will use alongside my Trab when it's finished.

This was a couple of months ago when I bought it.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Ron likes this.
  14. Ron

Great job on that Russ, and quick work too!
  15. RHFabrications

Thanks, I did it for my wedding car, my other 2cv is in a thousand bits and id never have finished it in time, so I bought that as I couldn't have anything else and had to turn it around quick. It's not the best restoration but I'm quite fond of it nevertheless.
  16. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Great transformation!
    Looks ok now....
  17. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I have too many daily drivers. My winter daily driver is my 2003 Subaru Baja I bought new. Basically a Legacy sedan with a short truck bed. Or a "Ute" as they are known in OZ. Only 30,000 made between 2003 and 2007. Not a big seller considering you could buy a full size American pickup truck with four wheel drive for less money. And lack of advertising on Subaru's part.

[​IMG]

Mine is the one on the right.

[​IMG]

Maybe the bed is not big enough to haul a 4X8 sheet of plywood but will hold $50 worth of aluminum cans!

[​IMG]

My summer daily driver:

1998 Chevrolet van. Insurance will be taken off when due after my trip from DC and will be stored in my garage until spring.

[​IMG]

I'd tried to sell my 2006 Explorer last year but had no takers! My plan is to wait until we have a big snow like last year and park it out in my parent's front yard. Or wait until tax return time.

[​IMG]
  18. Ron

Just picked up our 'new' winter car, Rosie's more or less away for the duration as I can't stand the thought of the salt getting stuck into her... So, the Mrs and I will have a 4wd each, a cousin of your pick-up Turbo?

WP_20151101_15_55_37_Pro - Copy.jpg

It's a 2-litre non-turbo version, and although the bodywork's a wee bit tatty in places, it really does drive like a new car. I've never had a Subaru before but I am so far very impressed. 12 months mot (without any advisories), and just serviced for £900! They're quite sought after up here in the highlands so that's not a bad price...
  19. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Subarus are great cars. Over in the mountains of North Carolina where they get allot of snow, they are popular. Not so much in the deep south where they don't get allot of snow. I suppose because the AWD system consumes more fuel than a standard front wheel drive.

I've got 75K miles on my '03 and all I've had to do is repair a blown inner CV joint and O2 sensor. The blown inner CV joint was kind of odd since I've never heard of an inner CV joint blowing on any car. It's usually always the outers that blow. A guy told me I could have cleaned the O2 sensor with a propane torch. I don't know about that.

Subarus has some weird engine configurations. I don't think they put 2 liters in Legacy models over here. Those only went into the Imprezas.

I know they didn't put the 2 liter or 6 cylinder in the Baja. Mine has the SOHC 2.5 liter engine. Some came with 2.5 DOHC turbo engines the following year.