1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Paul

Paul Newbie

Dear all,
    You may or may not know that I have been traveling the world with my Trabi. We are in Chile and our master brake cylinder is breaking down. I need someone in the US to sell me a new or used one so I can continue. I have a guy coming to continue with me this coming Sunday 30th. He could bring it with him and all would be OK. So, IF YOU COULD LEND ME OR SELL ME THE MASTER BRAKE CYLINDER, PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY at hartlcpa@gmail.com

Thanks and I am also willing to exchange it for almost any Trabi parts.

Paul
  2. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

I can't help you with parts but perhaps other people would need to know if your Trabant has dual circuit brakes or single circuit?
  3. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

It's dual, based on Paul's previous issues (on Facebook) with the "front circuit".
  4. phi

phi Loyal Comrade

If you can find a garage with old VW beetles, give it a try. Once on a oldtimer show, I saw a Trabant from Hungary with a master brake cylinder quite different from ours but with the same connection threads and bolt pattern for fixing it. A friend of mine supposed that it's a VW part.
  5. Paul

Paul Newbie

Thank you . It doesn't matter whether dual or single - we can use either. Now it looks we will have to use something similar from another car. Thanks for your help.