1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. greasyfil

greasyfil Newbie

I have recently purchased a 1979 trabant 601 that some one has renovated, well 99% looks like its had a glass out respray in Grey,retrimed, new rubbers round the doors etc, has a heated rear screen and a dash from a later model, has the economy gauge? a complete lowering kit has been fitted,springs,shocks,camber altering parts,new brake pipes. runs and drives perfect,been off the road since 2010, needs a bit of paint work to the bumpers and wheels,intend to get it MOT in the spring,if any one knows of its history, i think its changed hands a few times, no sign underneath thats its been used since restoration.
  2. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

3. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Pictures???
  4. greasyfil

greasyfil Newbie

Hi Steve, i will take a picture its stored away in my garage for the winter but i can get a side shot, i dont like the color grey i cant imagine what the person was thinking to spray it in such a drab color
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Do you know what month in 1979 your car was first registered? At some point next year it won't legally need an MOT. 40 year rule recently brought out by the DVLA and DoT. Some people still like to have their car MOT'd anyway but if you're a confident and competent mechanic it's money wasted IMHO. Trabants were not known for their bright colour schemes and indeed if you were fortunate to get a new one, you had to have the colour that was currently coming off the assembly line. I have had five Trabis in 2 years, all different colours, my favourite is my non standard royal blue 1970 saloon. trabbi1970(1).jpg
  6. greasyfil

greasyfil Newbie

7. greasyfil

greasyfil Newbie

you can see in this picture it sits lower because of the lowering springs