1. Rods of the Valley

Rods of the Valley Puttering Along

WOW! I STILL have NO idea how to post to the group! I post a lot of stuff on CCCA AACA CLC and more. But still dont have the hang of the Trabant Groups.

Well, you that know I had a few P-50's and 601's May also know my last P-50 Combi went to a southern California "sister city" group that thought they needed a Trabant. This car was the match to the pink coupe that is now in the hands of one of the members of this group.
    I repainted the P50 to a light gray ALMOST a pastel, trying to show what it could be like when new. The car was then driven from Napa, Ca, down the coast to the new home! Quite a story behind that road trip!
    I was then down to only the one Trabi 601 combi that I had found in Germany in 1989! Until I got a wild idea to look on eBay just at the time the Trabi Combi 601 Art Car popped up.. Some of you remember the car that kids painted all over! I got it running and drove it to a few local events. It runs GREAT now that I made the repairs it needed! But the car has been sitting and I think time to reduce the heard--- again--- So the art car Trabi is For Sale. I am disappointed in a sense that Trabi values have not skyrocketed like Messerschmidt, but that is also a good thing so we can still enjoy these great cars with very little cost. SO- With that said, I think 4500 is a very fair price for this one. New tires, brakes redone, fuel system all serviced and a California title! YES, you can drive it home! Here is a link to a video!
  2. Rods of the Valley

WOW! I did it! I figured out how to post!
  3. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

Dayum! Gimme ten gallons of paint stripper!;)

BTW what year is the car?
  4. Rods of the Valley

1974-- 6 volt
  5. brand

brand Newbie

Can you get it down to Southern California?
  6. Rods of the Valley

Yes, anything is possible. Heck, why not drive it? All the lights work, I have removed the paint from all lenses.