1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Had a aerosol of Fiat 047/A made up today. Sprayed part of a old Trabant roof and the colour looks very good. I can see why its very hard to see the colour when looking at different pictures. I've tried taking photos but i seem to get many different shades of colour. At different angles and different light, it can be a dark cream, a ivory or a light beige. Thanks Kev for the info.

Andy.
  2. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

You're never going to match a color using a picture. Camera sensors, displays and monitors all have differences in how they render colors. Some don't even include the 'u' at all.
  3. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Yes, i agree with that. You put a RAL colour code in google and see all the different shades that are meant to be the same colour.
    Its looks a very good match and will be good enough for me. Its not a show car. It will just be a very well used look a like.

Andy.
  4. Zausel

Zausel Genosse Forum Donor

I had a papyrus white car and as I sanded it down to paint it himmelblau there was indeed himmelblau underneath!

For some dumb reason I took the car to Maaco's and they painted it decent enough but when I went back for touch up paint, it was slightly off...

Now I have so many scratches and Maaco orange peel that short of repainting the entire thing, I am just going to get a few cans of sky blue EZ-peel paint in a spray can and touch it up.