1. paulymx

paulymx Leader

[​IMG]
    Town square with a Wartburg 311, IFA F8, and an IWL Pitty scooter. Behind the fountain is a Goliath dreirad.

[​IMG]
    A Wartburg 311, a Czech Skoda and an AWZ P70.

[​IMG]
    Mecklenburg 1966. A Wartburg 311, a Trabant P50 and an IFA F8 (amongst others)

[​IMG]
    Mitropa. An interesting mix of East and West vehicles. From left to right are (I think) a BMW 600, a Wartburg 311, a Tabant P50, a VW and an AWZ P70.

[​IMG]
    Dresden 1962. From right to left, a Trabant, an IFA F9, a Wartburg 311, an IFA F8 and another AWZ P70

[​IMG]
    Dresden 1962. From left to right, a Czech Tatra 603, an IFA F9 and an MZ 250 motorcycle.

[​IMG]
    Dresden 1962. An IFA F9 and a sleek AWZ P70 sportster (a highly desirable machine)

[​IMG]
    Liepzig 1962. Another mix of East and West - Wartburgs and VWs.

[​IMG]
    The proud owner of an AWZ P70
  2. paulymx

paulymx Leader

Justin likes this.
  3. Yannis

Yannis Newbie

These photos are so vintage and beautiful !! Excellent stuff for posters&framing for one's room !
  4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Check out the sound system on this Wartburg! wartburgstereo.jpg
    turbofiat124 and trabant601 like this.
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Like the Blues Brothers driving around announcing their big show..... "One night only!"
    Justin likes this.
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I agree. These are great images with wild imagination.
  7. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

"YOU! On the (MZ) motorcycle!" . . . The car appears to have no passenger seat. I wish I could see more detail but I imagine it being full of tube-filled amps and tar-covered batteries.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Hey Wartburg5672w, you can make a movie with your car. DDR Brudern or something like that. Use your green Warti and those massive speakers you saved from the old Green Monster.
  9. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I bought this Trabant in the last months of the DDR. I visited Zwickau in April 1991 (I was off in another post, it was April 1991, not 1990) I was in the Sachsenring plant with Stefi from Kundendienst (customer service) for a tour. I wish I still had those pics. Anyway, I ended up in Rostock with so many parts that I needed a car to transport them. Here is is. In 1992 I parted this one out and brought back what I could, but I drove it all around in 1991 first because the seller sold it for 300 DM with the plates and insurance with a letter allowing me to drive "their car" and when I needed it, all of the sales documents. I had to pay 275 DM to have Sachsenring (yes, it ended up back in Zwickau were I parted it out) to take what was left. I drove it plenty in 1992 on a red plate after storing it for a year near Minden. Automarkt2.jpg
    Wartburg353W and Keri like this.
  10. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

These pictures were in the foyer of a nice little village church up north near Rostock. I photographed the pictures in the display. Gr1.jpg Gr2.jpg
    Justin likes this.
  11. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Seid Bereit!
    JP1.png
    Keri likes this.
  12. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade