1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Looking an amazon/ebay sealer that can be painted over ,suitable for bolt on wartburg wings . I,m in \UK
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I've used tigerseal it can be overpainted
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

what,s it like if you want to remove panel in future ? It sounds permanent
  4. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

you will struggle to remove a panel stuck on with it as it is permanant,my renault van has bolt on wings but i dont know which type of sealant is used under them you may have try asking on the vauxhall vivaro forum
  5. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

cheers the east german stuff is more like a putty ,old wing came off easily
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I was planning on using latex caulk when I do the restoration. I keep saying that and was going to do it this winter but I've had 5 colds since September and haven't spent much time out in my garage.

I used latex caulk to seal the seams in the rear wheel wells on my Fiat Spider some 20 years ago. I sprayed asphalt under coating and painted over top of it and so far it has held up. Pininfarnia did not seal these seams where the rear wheel wells were spot welded together so water get's slung up between the cracks, get's trapped and the quarter panels and rust from the inside out.

So far so good. I do get caught in the rain in all my cars but I keep all my cars except my van out of the weather when not in use.