1. Tenacious

Tenacious Newbie

I'm a soon-to-be driver (almost there!) seeking his first car, and I'd love to make that first car a Trabi! I'm located in Greater Manchester but I don't mind straying further afield. Sole condition is that it has to be roadworthy so I can get her back home on the road and ideally a 601 (although I wouldn't necessarily say no to a nice 1.1), not fussed about trim level, colour or if its a limousine or kombi.

Feel free to post here or PM.
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Just a note of caution if you're a new/young driver check out insurance first as you may find it impossible/expensive especially if the trabi is your only car
  3. Tenacious

Tenacious Newbie

Cheers, I'll have a scout round, I'm not particularly young (over 25), so that ought to help a little.
  4. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

I have a couple of cars that you may be interested in. Call me or text on 07949 800132
  5. Tenacious

Tenacious Newbie

I saw the listing for the lovely kombi you've got up on C&C, bit out of my price range unfortunately. When would be the best time to drop a line? Never did get on with texting.
  6. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

That one has been sold to the Cyprus Classic car Museum, so you can understand the standard of the cars I like to keep and maintain. If you want to own a Trabant in that sort of condition you may have to rethink your budget. These cars are getting quite desirable now and will only increase in value. You can contact me any time, as I am retired now. Text, phone, or message on here.
  7. Tenacious

Tenacious Newbie

Good to hear its gone to an excellent home.

I'm not fussed about concours condition, no serious rust or duroplast damage is enough for me, infact I'd probably prefer a little rough n' ready as that's how these cars actually spent their long lives back in the DDR.