1. Aaron

Aaron Leader

I finally did it (again)...Got things going to get a Trabi. I purchased Zoltans from Florida...Money has been wired, waiting to find a transport company that can pick it up...Didnt realize there are a lot of cars being shipped OUT of Florida this time of year, so I have to wait my turn. Its been a long road to get one, glad it's finally over and I can start driving, wrenching, and having fun with it.

Attached Files:

2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Looks like a great car!
  3. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

That's a nice one.
  4. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Its loaded on a trailer and heading north!!! Should be here tomorrow..Better pictures and ride report to follow.
  5. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I know what you mean. I was on pins and needles until mine arrived. I think it only took two weeks for mine to arrive from Hungary to Miami but three weeks until they even opened the container!

One thing that held up was that hurricane that moved through the gulf. It moved around Miami but they still shut the port down for about 5 days.

Then I suppose because it was the port of Miami, they had to inspect the container for drugs. I saw on TV where someone had gutted several hundred cheap DVD players and packed them full of blow!

Then the container left Miami and was supposed to have arrived in Tennessee (900 miles) in three days. But the guy got held up at a car auction in North Carolina and it ended up being a week.

I called the truck driver but he wouldn't answer his cell phone! Turned out he was Cuban and spoke almost no English so I had to talk to his daughter on the phone as a go between.

Then once he arrived in Tennessee, she called me and said he was behind Advance Auto. So I drive down there and he was nowhere to be found. Turns out he was "sort of" behind Autozone...
  6. Aaron

Aaron Leader

And it arrived yesterday! Got to spend the evening buzzing around the neighborhood, scaring old women, and getting the feel for the trans. Its pretty much as Zoltan told me. It seems to run really great, starts right up. He included a bottle of Amsoil two stroke oil.....It sure smells like Castor oil, which I thought according to Keri is not the best for these engines..Nontheless, I am hooked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  7. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

So you'll be at the D.C. Parade of Trabants this year? ;)
  8. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Thats the plan right now..Hopefully work cooperates, they should :)
  9. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

You going to take the car or just fly yourself?