1. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

I was lucky , My wife bought it for me . :) I think it will be a " Marmite " moment when I get it, In other words...I will either love it or hate it LOL!
  2. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

I have JUST taken delivery of my first Trabi . ! thanks for all the advice everyone has offered . It helped me with my decision to go ahead and get it. ! DSCF3450.JPG DSCF3451.JPG DSCF3452.JPG
  3. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Well done mate, looks like a corker!
  4. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Hmmm... Seems the Vendor was not 100% straight about the car... Just removed a sticker off the windscreen which was not on it on the ebay photos to reveal a nasty crack in the windscreen , covered on the inside by a tax disc holder. DSCF3453.JPG
  5. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Thanks! Was well happy till I saw the cracked screen !...But I am still smiling loads !!!!
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  6. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

If that's the only thing that's not perfect, you've still got a good'un!
  7. Side-burns

Side-burns Puttering Along

It looks good
  8. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Hi @vdubbin , Thanks , I think it is a nice car. Its had a little filler here and there but I don't think it is so bad ... Do you have a windscreen spare ?? or know anyone who does:D
  9. Matteo

Matteo Premium Member Forum Donor

Trabantwelt has. :)
  10. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Thanks @Matteo , I know they do ....and I have seen their prices ! OUCH.
  11. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

At least it's in the corner and not directly in front of you impairing your vision and may not spread anymore. But would they fail an MOT due to that crack in the corner?

It's against the law to drive around with a cracked windshield in Tennessee but only if the cop decides to pull you over since there is not MOT type inspection system.

My windshield is scratched all to hell probably by either worn out wiper blades or using the wipers against a dirty windshield. I don't notice it in the daytime but at night this causes a glare from oncoming motorists.

Someone told me I could polish these fine scratches out with Bon Ami cleaner which is made of pulverized quartz but I didn't have any luck with it. Maybe I need to put it on a buffing wheel. I was trying to hand polish the windshield.

I would just soon buy a new windshield but I know shipping would cost me a king's ransom.
  12. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Yes, a buffing wheel and the correct mop would probably work best. Well, If a cop pulls you over just rev the car abit more and smoke him out , he would probably just send you away and go back to his coffee and doughnuts :D
  13. John Kalina

John Kalina Newbie

I would like to sell. :rolleyes:
  14. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Advertise it here on The Trabi Trader section , give all the details about it, price and so on, or try ebay if you have no luck here :)
  15. John Kalina

John Kalina Newbie

I have a Trabant 601 Special.
    Interested in someone.
    The year of manufacture 1987, the average state. good working
    If you are interested I will send picture.
  16. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

I already have one thanks, but I am sure you will sell it on here if you put pictures on for people to see. :)
  17. John Kalina

John Kalina Newbie

I tried, but the very large jpg picture. :mad:
    I had a lot of Trabant, I installed a lot and I have a lot of original book.
  18. John Kalina

John Kalina Newbie

With all the original on it, I didn't do nothing it.
    sorry my english is bad. ;)