1. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

I found this in Kecskemet, Hungary recently. This was a marketing display in front of a car dealership.

The idea was "Throw your Trabant away and come get a good car." o_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Keri and Wartburg353W like this.
  2. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

That could be restored. I've seen worse.
  3. Austinpowers

Austinpowers Loyal Comrade

I to have seen this sort of advertising in Hungary,but not for few years.
  4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Very good! "Throw it in the dumpster." I like it. Roger you are prone to hyperbole I think. Or was that sarcasm? Sorry if I missed the tone of your typing.
  5. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

Definitely not sarcastic. There are people in the former GDR who love resurrecting rotted out old Trabis and Wartburgs, in such bad condition that most people wouldn't touch. Rewelding wheelboxes and sills, attaching new metal? Grinding every last bit of paint and rust off them? Rewiring an entire car? I did stuff like that when I was a lot younger, but to them, this is their history and youth. Reviving GDR history it is a big deal to them.
  6. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

This isn't even a whole car anymore. It's an advertising installation and nothing more.
  7. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

In the begin '90s it was worse!
    All East -German people "throw"away there Trabbi's.
    And why? they bought "west" cars so on every corner of the street you find Trabant wrecks.
    I remember that days when we visit Poland often and I have seen alot of this situations like Trabant graveyards and dumped into forests.
    And I hurts....

1.JPG 3.jpg 4.jpg
    Keri likes this.