1. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

2. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

a little pricy, but then again you get tiger seat covers & trim!!!
  3. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Loyal Comrade

pricey isnt the word for that ....

i wonder at what other parts he may have for it .... ( better be a parts car )
  4. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I don't think 5k is bad for one. Yeah you can get it cheaper, but when you look at paint and interior and any repairs you can easily rack up over that on a car that needs work. If the interior, under the covers is good. I don't think it's a bad price.

I think maybe we just need to realize the price of these may be going up a little and your other choice is to spend the money and time importing one.

I dunno, I think $5k is fair on a good condition car, just like I thought $6k for the car that @Caleb was looking at was a good deal given it's condition.

I think the community just gets used to paying $3500 for a car from someone who brings in 10 at a time and that car's been pieced back together and they don't realize the $2k + that has to be put into it and put it right.
  5. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

You also have to take into consideration the buyers perspectives that may be out there. I was willing to pay a little more to know that I would be getting a car in good condition that would not need a lot of in depth maintenance from the very beginning. If I were more experienced with vehicle maintenance and restoration I may not have been willing to pay as much knowing I could buy a cheaper one and do the work myself.
  6. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

I agree. All in, I have about 6K in my $3500 car. I think, if you want it to be solid and reliable, you'll have that in it no matter what the starting price is.
  7. Aaron

Aaron Leader

That's what theyre going for now...Seems more and more want them and they are more and more to import...
  8. Aaron

Aaron Leader

On another note...@Justin did the one in Louisiana in the collection ever sell?
  9. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

They look like they fit well!
  10. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

the Louisiana Trabi has found a new home in KY. They did lower the price a bit from the original they had on their site.
  11. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

What @Caleb said. He has the nicest car out of all of us :)
    Caleb likes this.