2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

I swear I've seen that car.
  3. Kamil

Kamil Smoking Along

Price dropped from $5900 to $4900
  4. Wartburg353W

Always see it first in person if you can, but this seems like a pretty good deal for someone!
  5. TrabiFan

TrabiFan Newbie

Yeah it's been floating around on Ebay...couldn't get the guy to respond to an offer there.
  6. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

There is some visible rust from the inside, so the frame likely has some rust issues.
  7. Wartburg353W

-Good eye
  8. JASONCHAD

Also rust at the rubber molding around the windshield.

This one definitely needs to be inspected in person. Not saying that it isn't a good deal for someone, depending on where you live, it would probably cost this much to get one shipped from Germany. I would just hate for someone to buy this without knowing what they are getting into.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  9. Kamil

Kamil Smoking Along

Need some love. I've seen worst then this one. Because I just purchase one and is on the way to US, I am not into this one, but I like this color (I had one exact color as my first Trabi).
  10. Kamil

Kamil Smoking Along

11. Kamil

Kamil Smoking Along

12. Kamil

Kamil Smoking Along

Another one showed up but this time in Kentucky.
  13. Wartburg353W

It's still for sale. Has anybody checked this out?
  14. JASONCHAD

The one for sale in Kentucky was sold to someone in New Mexico.
  15. Wartburg353W

Well the ad is still on facebook marketplace. You have some inside information?
  16. JASONCHAD

I messaged him this morning.
  17. TrabiFan

TrabiFan Newbie

Hey guys, I bought the one in Kentucky, haha. The other car I posted in the cars section is very interesting...been on TV and in a movie, and the owner has experience shipping to the US, in case anyone is looking for a car. I decided to go with the Kentucky car since it was already imported and it's super original/rust free.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  18. ripply

ripply Newbie

I just saw this post. I’m actually the person that bought the one in Tennessee. Ended up going there all the way from PA after winning the bid on eBay. Hadn’t seen it in person but I talked with the previous owner and based on his words decided to bite the bullet. The only spots of rust were at the top of the windshield and in the trunk where the spare tire sits I guess the windshield had cracked and whoever replaced it did a crappy job. So the rust just started forming. The rest of the car and frame is in meticulous condition. I have actually been daily driving it since I bought it back in April haha.
  19. ripply

ripply Newbie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see the rust in the second two pictures and also the damage on the hood. All have been fix since then :D
  20. JASONCHAD

Looks great...now I wish I would have bought it. I have always wanted a "Himmelblauer Trabant" (like the song)