1. jz601

jz601 Puttering Along

1973 601 deluxe for sale at fuzzy dice autos in Harleysville pa looks to be really nice was going to trade my vw beetle for it but after the holiday weekend they don't seem interested
    some pics in my looking for trabi thread I don't have 5500 around so I couldn't buy it
  2. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

Well I still have mine, just havent got around to listing on Ebay yet 2500.00 is a steal
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. jz601

jz601 Puttering Along

trade you my beetle lol
    know but 2500 is more then fair its to bad your in tx shipping is a killer
    I would have liked to get the wartburg off ebay but they want 2800 to get it here
  4. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

I shipped the trabi for 900 from Maryland
  5. jz601

jz601 Puttering Along

not sure what im going to do at this point
  6. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

You need to get another shipping quote. There is no way it should cost $2,800 to ship a car. I shipped my wife's Mustang from CA to ID for $400, to you it should be around $800-1000 to you.

BTW that is my Wartburg on eBay :)
  7. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Was $600 for mine from Florida to Michigan, during the busy season in April when snowbirds are running out.
  8. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Cost me $300 to have mine shipped from Miami to Kingsport TN (About 900 miles) two years ago. But the driver was like four days late showing up! I was on pins and needles awaiting it's arrival.
  9. jz601

jz601 Puttering Along

I had a 60 beetle shipped from Washington state to here was 1400 but was in a hard location for them to get to
    ebay quote for the wartburg was over 2000
  10. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

I usually don't mess with the eBay shipping quotes and go directly to shipping companies like All Seasons Auto Transport and Auto Star Transport. If you have time and are patient, they can usually fill an opening in a truck, I have been happy with the results so far. If you have flexibility on the shipping date, you get a better rate.