1. trabant

trabant Newbie

Hi all,

I'm wondering what insurance companies (UK) will insure Trabant's. When obtaining online quotes with various car insurance websites they don't seem to list the Trabant.

Is it only a select few classic car insurance companies who provide Trabant insurance or are there other companies?

I am aware of the following who insure Trabant's: Adrian Flux, RH Classic, Graham Sykes, Lancaster, and Herts.

Any more UK insurance companies I can try to get quotes with?

Many thanks.
  2. Robert

Robert Newbie

Try sky insurance they've always been reasonable for me on other cars they should do insurance for trabants
    Justin likes this.
  3. trabant

trabant Newbie

Thanks Robert, being part of the younger age group, most insurers either won't insure for classic cars and the rest don't even have Trabants on there list :eek:!
    Im still desperately trying to get Trabant quotes, Ive not had any luck with Sky unfortunately. The search continues...
  4. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

I've heard of Footman James though never had anything to do with them.
    If you're trying to insure a classic or unusual car it's always worth being a member of the recognised owners club for the relevant vehicle, they can suggest insurance companies and sometimes organise a discount!
  5. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Didn't someone mention the UK IFA club membership for insurance through FJ?

Come to think of it, it might have been on Retro Rides…

<Wanders off for a look>
  6. trabant

trabant Newbie

They don't allow my age group for an online quote :(

The quest for Trabant insurance continues...
  7. Jack

Jack Puttering Along

Try in Classic Car Insurance