1. Rangie999

Rangie999 Puttering Along

trying to find an original jack for a 1980's model. Not sure what it should look like? And struggling to find anything from Ebay Germany as well.... despite several friendly advances they seem very reluctant to part company with them! All help appreciated...
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

the jack has a round arm which goes in the hole in the sill,i use an ordinary scissor jack from an motor factors and put it under the suspension,they sell them off for £5-£10 ive seen trabi ones for sale on ldm tunings website but they was more expensive plus shipping/waiting
  3. Rangie999

LDM don't seem to have any in stock... not so concerned about shipping and waiting, would just like the correct one if possible.. I'm turning into a Trabbi nerd!!
  4. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

Yes it an get you that way
  5. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

6. Rangie999

That's the one I am after.... they have been out of stock for over a year though..
  7. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

8. Rangie999

Thank you... will keep asking.
  9. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Check with this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=oldi_tobi&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC2.A0.H0.XIFA trabant.TRS0&_nkw=IFA trabant&_sacat=0

I bought my hub puller from him. He has allot of unique NOS Trabant parts and ships to the US. He currently does not have a jack listed but email him, he might have one. He seems to have an abundant supply of lights and old inspection lamps with Hella style plugs.

Here is another guy I bought something from that might have one:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/muellerebs/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  10. Rangie999

Thank you..... I've already talked to him. Hopefully he will find one....
  11. Keri

Keri Leader

By all means get the original "correct" jack for show. To use this safely you should also have wheel chocks, as the car can quite easily roll and knock over the jack.
    My best advice is to use a scissors jack from a modern subcompact like a small Toyota on the sill underneath the opening for the jack. This a a great deal more stable than the original "pole" style jack. Get the kind that has a metal channel on top, rather than one with a flat top with grooves.
    A hydraulic shop jack is better yet, but should be left in the shop as they are bulky and heavy.

Regardless of which jack you actually use, it is best practice to chock the wheels and essential to place something sturdy under the car. A jack stand is ideal, though a spare wheel is better than nothing. Never, ever use a cinder block!