1. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/trabant-reviewed-in-america-by-nick-murray-video-88131.html

Considered to be one of the worst cars ever to be built, the Trabant comes from the German auto industry's dark past, before the Berlin wall fell and the country was united. It's built to be very cheap and simple and it was never sold in America… for good reason.

So you can probably imagine we were more than a little shocked when we saw that Nick Murray had reviewed a 1981 Trabant 601S for his Youtube channel. For those of you who don't know him by his real name, Nick is the Nine-a-Lemon guy who bought a brand new Porsche 911 and had all sorts of things going wrong with it, sparking a huge media outcry because of the automaker's lack of action......(Story continued)
    trabant601 and vdubbin like this.
  2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Fun YouTube video. Thanks for posting.
    trabant601 likes this.
  3. Keri

Keri Leader

Pah! Some people wouldn't know a good car if it jumped up and kissed them!
    trabant601 and Justin like this.
  4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

So he came from New Zealand to America to test drive a German car (?) BTW compliments to the owner that car seems to run and drive pretty nice.
    trabant601 likes this.
  5. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

So in the video the owner says that the correct shifting pattern is to to from second gear, then pull straight out then down into third...Have I been doing it wrong this whole time? I go from second, then down into neutral, then out and down into third.
    How is everyone else doing it???
    trabant601 likes this.
  6. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Like you, down, towards me, down. I don't get how he's doing it either… :)
    trabant601 likes this.
  7. Luke

Luke Loyal Comrade

Well, I basically learned how to drive stick(and drive in general) with my Trabant, and shifting in this manner never caused any issues for me. Glad you guy enjoy the review and thanks for the feedback :)
    trabant601 and Justin like this.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I must say that it is interesting how a non-Trabant driver hears what they want and print it. I have been quoted saying some things I never said because they didn't understand Trabant vernacular.