1. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

Hello All!

My name is Caleb. My wife Niki and I have just received our very own 1981 Trabant 601S. I was actually able to locate a seller by using this forum so it has already been more than helpful. I first saw a Trabant on a trip to Hungary to visit Niki as she was living in Budapest at the time. I immediately wanted to know more about them and got my first up close look at one, ironically, at the Statue Park just outside of Budapest. I must say it fit right in with the other remnants of communism there.

We have officially had our Trabant for about a day as of this post and already had about half of our local sheriffs department checking it out during the vehicle inspection and have received multiple compliments from around town. My cousin has graciously offered to race his 69 charger against our Trabi but I advised him that he may not be able to handle BOTH cylinders under our hood.

In our first trip out we did encounter a couple issues with stalling but being new to the car we haven't learned all the ins and outs yet so hopefully we will not have any major issues. I should be able to get some pictures up soon so be on the look out!
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. Aaron

Aaron Leader

congrats! I too got mine after going home with my now wife..Immediately fell in love when I saw one putt by one morning. Have any pictures of your car?
  3. Aaron

Aaron Leader

congrats! I too got mine after going home with my now wife..Immediately fell in love when I saw one putt by one morning. Have any pictures of your car?
  4. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

Working on pictures so they will be up soon. The previous owner did a lot of restoration work on cars and kept this Trabi in really good shape. I am still trying to learn all about these little devils and there is a lot I don't know.
  5. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

I do have a very appropriate desk decoration at work now thanks to the box of a few spare parts found in my trunk

Attached Files:

6. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

Pictures are up in the garage section! Hopefully if the weather clears up soon I'll be able to take some better pictures and change them out.
    Justin likes this.