1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Has anyone out there, in the U.K. got either of the following, by any chance?

1 x Heater "AIR MIXING BOX", which is in the rear of the engine compartment and alters the flow/direction of the cold and hot air to the interior?...Mine has split big time and virtually impossible to weld to repair!
    One in good working condition, without split metal casing, would be ideal!

1 x Threshold /Aluminium trim strip*, that hold the lowest section of door to body rubber seal in place and is secured to the inner floor with tiny screws, normally. It's approx 63cms long and has a complex curved/flat shape, so as to hold the rubber seal. One of mine is bent to blazes, so I need a good one, to finish the interior off...and hold my new door seal in place!!
    *(They are NOT handed thankfully, ..so either a l.h., or r.h. one from a Trabant 601 of the 1980's WILL fit!)

Any help would be appreciated....quote me, incl. p/p and we can then discuss details and payment.

Much obliged!

Ian.
  2. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling Newbie

3. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Thanks for finding that for me....appreciated!
  4. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

$_57 (7).JPG Hi,

Have got the heater box sorted now,...but still after the 1 x good, used, aluminium threshold trim/plate, if anyone can help?

I have also attached a photo, which shows the aluminium trim/plate that I am after too!.......It is just visible (partially) along the the top of the $_57 (7).JPG rubber door seal, at the bottom of the pic,..at the edge of the carpet.
    Small things I know,...but, required, for the finishing touches, on my soon to be finished Trabi!

Many thanks!

Ian.
  5. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

1 x last thing, I'm after!!

One of the Alternator/starter motor loom, WIRE RETAINER, which is clearly shown in the r.h. side of the attached "borrowed pic".
    The item is retained in place, by being located with one of the engine / gearbox bolts, as you can see clearly.

Many thanks. $_57(4).JPG
  6. Austinpowers

Austinpowers Loyal Comrade

Never seen one of them before. And one of my trabi's is in original condition with one owner from new.
  7. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

My trabi has the wiring retainer fitted you could make one from a piece of wire easily enough no waiting for the postie required
  8. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

I was starting to think that Kev...as sensible to have one, to stop wires going where they shouldn't!!

Austinpowers...thanks for your message, however, your car should HAVE one,...much like having to have the special washer for the throttle return spring, in the same pic!

Help with the other part/s would be useful though.

Thanks all!
  9. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

10. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, FOR THAT LINK!...EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, ..WELL DONE!!

You are obviously well conversed, with German translation/searches.

Regards,

Ian.
  11. turbofiat124

I speak almost no German other than car terminology terms from reading shop manuals! Google Chrome's built-in translator is a big help!

I just goto Ebay.de and enter Trabant 601 and see what pops up. Too bad shipping to the USA is so expensive and allot of shippers don't offer shipment outside the Europe for some reason unless you ask them. I guess they think there are not that many Trabants outside Europe so why bother!

There is a NOS windshield washer bottle and pump on there I'd like to have with a starting bid of 5.00 Euros but shipping would cost me around $60 DHL unless I could get the guy to send it post which seems to be cheaper. So I guess I'll just wait until I need to order something critical and order it all from TrabantWelt or Danzer next go around.

I wish there was a Trabant supplier in the Netherlands. Burton 2CV sends their stuff UPS and it only takes 3 days to get it and I can buy four times the weight in parts for the same price for shipping.
  12. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Hi James,

Interesting to hear back from you.

I have a USED Trabant washer bottle, pump and tubing....but, probably NOT alot better than your original one, condition-wise?

So, Probably NOT worth considering,..as sounds like you want a new one.

Regards,

Ian.
  13. turbofiat124

Well actually, I don't want to sound cheap but all I need is a good used washer reservoir. The manual pump is still good. I actually have a 6 volt washer pump from a pesticide sprayer I was thinking about using. When I got this car, the original reservoir was cracked and someone had lined it with a disposable drinking cup. I tried to repair it with 2 part epoxy but it didn't hold, then the nipple on the cap broke so you could say the entire reservoir is totally knackered. I've just been too cheap to buy a whole new system considering I'd like to use my electric pump.

I replaced the reservoir with a glass jar which didn't look too bad until it cracked one day. I must have over tightened the hose clamps.

[​IMG]

So I've been using a 16 ounce sample bottle from work. But I've never liked the looks of it.

[​IMG]
  14. kev the builder

Judging by the looks of what's in your sample bottle I should see a doctor ! Lol
  15. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Very enterprising...and the various reservoirs "look the part"!
    Very neat and tidy engine bay...A+

Regards, Ian.
  16. turbofiat124

Yeah that's a mixture of green and yellow washer fluid!
  17. kev the builder

if you can get another glass jar you could try putting some flat rubber under the clips so helps cushion them