1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

Has anyone here made a 601 sedan into a trailer?

Our rotten parts car out there is just itching to be towed behind the yellow Trabi.

I'm on the fence between cutting behind the doors, and the whole roof.

Or cutting off from the firewall forward.

The parts car has most of the rust, in the front end...

https://goo.gl/images/wPVxw9

[​IMG]
  2. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

No but I have a Yugo with a smashed front end I've been wanting to turn into a trailer.

I wanted to cut the front end off from the firewall forward and use a piece of angle iron as the tongue and bolt that inside the fake driveshaft tunnel.
  3. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

I'd like to be able to tow it behind another trabi, so weight is the deciding factor.

Every time I make a trailer, it always ends up being heavier than expected... I would think cutting right behind the doors, would be the easiest way.

Really would like to leave the rear glass, and side windows- also the roof. That way it could be enclosed, as a itty bitty camper.
  4. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I saw a trabi made into a trailer for sale last year on gumtree UK it was cut behind the doors and still had the roof and glass so it was just half a trabi I was interested in buying it but the price was to high it looked good tho