1. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

So I am testing the waters here. I am getting into the restoration of my '62 Trabant P50, and it is going to cost me way more than I was planning on, so I may have to sell be Wartburg 353W.

If anyone is interested, message me. You can see pictures of the car in my garage.

If I sell, I am going to be asking $5,000.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Jason,
    The pictures in the garage won't enlarge for me. Do you have them posted on photobucket or somewhere I can see them in all their glory?
    Jeff
  3. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Its a nice car Jeff, it came from Texas, same guy who had my Trabi.
  4. JFedako

JFedako Newbie

Where are you located?
  5. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

He's in Idaho
  6. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Looks like it sold on ebay. I hope the new owner will decide to introduce themselves.
  7. JASONCHAD

The guy that bought it is from Canada. He is planning on picking it up in 2 weeks. Is planning on driving 2500 miles with a trailer, pick it up, and haul it back. I talked with him on the phone last week. He also has a Trabant and a couple Ladas.
  8. JASONCHAD

I am still a little bumbed that I had to sell it...but my P50 restoration is on hold until I have some more $$$.
  9. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

@JASONCHAD, did you tell him about the forums?
  10. JASONCHAD

I haven't yet, but I will be sure to. He will have quite the extensive Communist car collection.
    Justin likes this.
  11. JASONCHAD

Looks like the guy is backing out on the Wartburg...oh well, I guess that just means that I can enjoy it a little longer.
  12. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Well it just means you're not supposed to get rid of it yet.
    Keri likes this.
  13. JASONCHAD

Well, it looks like I will be holding on to the Wartburg for a while. After lowering the starting bid price to $3,500 and a Buy it Now price of $4,000...the car still didn't sell on eBay.

I would be open to a trade of a good running Trabi and $1,000-1,500 cash (depending on the condition of the Trabi). That way I would at least have a little $$$ to work on my restoration project.

I will not be listing the car on eBay again. The lat time I listed it, I was charged $50 even though the car didn't sell...I guess I am a frequent seller (even though I was just re-listing a single vehicle).
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    Justin likes this.