1. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

IMG_4530.JPG [​IMG]
    this Wartburg Kombi seen at the 17th International Trabi Treffen in Zwickau, 15 Jun 13. Forum fan in the picture too.
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  3. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4540.JPG
    This one was also on display at the 17. ITT on the Platz der Voelkerfreundschaft at the Zwickau City Museum.
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

The DDR Museum is in Greiz. The museum contains very many somewhat organized artifacts which were rescued from buildings which were cleaned or torn down by contractors. This old factory is filled with architectural pieces for sale, doors, windows, gates, sinks, DDR garbage cans, etc. etc. all a movie companies dream for easily making the setting look period. This Wartburg out front is Werbung.
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

here is the pic for the last post. the museum is in that buildings basement.
    IMG_4782.JPG
  7. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Dude, all those shifter knobs! How many did you get? Your daughter is so patient.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I know, I could have cried. So many available but all of them are wrong, the only one I have seen since is the one that Paul identified in his video as not original and headed for the trash. I keep hoping he will sell it to me and not throw it away. I never thought that my gear shift knob would be stolen off of my car on that Russian garbage scow I paid to bring that car over from Bremen to Chicago. If I get that from Paul, somehow, that car will be exactly as I want it to be, Original DDR Driver category. What do you mean, my daughter was loving it there and picked out some awesome toys and loved the jump house and the little peddle cars at the ITT, she will tell you about it next time she sees you.
  9. Wartburg353W

He called the Enterprise a garbage scow!
    turbofiat124 likes this.
  10. Wartburg353W

Have you considered the possibility that it simply fell off? Maybe somebody was trying to operated that crate and it came off in their hand so they laughed and chucked it. Maybe they thought they were doing you a favor. Maybe it was beamed back up to its home planet.

I had no idea you were looking for one particular style.
  11. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Yes, it is the exact one that Paul has and I haven't seen one since. It wasn't really a garbage scow, but it was funny to see lift on lift off and swing the car into a hole in the top of the ship. It was stolen and the contents of the car were rifled through (nothing else was taken).
  12. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I keep driving that Trabant with a bare tube because I keep hoping that Paul will send that. He announced in his video that it was garbage and as non-original it would go into the container. I wish I had it. Paul, if you see this, I will gladdly pay you for it and the shipping.
  13. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Are you talking about the original black shifter knob (not really a knob) or one of those knobs made of clear plastic that has a car inside that looks like a bug preserved in amber? Like the ones in your photo.

The black knob in the above photo looks like the one on my Dad's 76 Chevy truck. Just a consideration...
  14. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Yes, there were some for sale, you can see them in that blue background picture. They just aren't the right one. I will wait until I forget what was right and get something close or the one that is right will be found. What does the one on the truck look like? maybe there is a facsimile right there in TN.