Hello Chaps, I finally got my hands on a Trabbi yesterday, to be specific it's a 1985 Trabant 601S Kombi in Panama Green. This was only possible thanks to Forum Member Steve's kindness reaching out to me about the car. Now I've not worked out how to post photos on this forum yet, I'm not on any of these photo sharing sites currently so you'll have to bear with me for now. I travelled up to to Newcastle yesterday to get the car and I got it home safe. It may sound strange, but I didn't really look at the car yesterday as I was too busy. But today I was all over it like a rash. The idea was to see what needs doing and what doesn't. So first thing I did after unlocking the car was pull the god awful Matsui radio out of the dash, where I was disappointed to see that the dash had been butchered to make it fit. So I may need a replacement dash panel, as the hole left behind isn't pretty. After that I removed all the sketchy wiring related to the stereo and went to the boot area to remove the speakers that had been badly fitted there. Sadly they've made a real mess of the trim panels, so I'll have to source a replacement pair. I'm still undecided about fitting a stereo in this car. Next I went about exploring the car and seeing what does what and how. I noticed my front seats appear to have been welded onto their runners, rather than bolted. Is that normal? Also is it correct that only the passenger seat tilts? Whilst investigating under the dash, I found a little metal tap style device in the bulkhead. When I turned it 90 degrees the tap popped out and it could be removed. What is this item? It's partially hidden by the carpet. Also what are the little tabs at the bottom of the headlamps, what do they do? Sorry for my questions, but I've not got much information on these little cars. Another thing about the dash is the original ignition switch appears to have gone wrong at some point and there is a replacement from another car swinging freely under the scuttle. Is there a source for the ignition switches? As I'd like to restore the function of the original switch rather than drill and fit a replacement. One of the rear tyres was quite low on air so I had to bring my Triumph out the garage and use her 12V socket to power my pump to inflate the Trabant's tyres. Then I started the Trabbi up and straight away I filled the next door neighbour's living room with exhaust smoke! After I'd repositioned the car I looked at the fuel lines and noted they needed replacement, I'll use some of the nice race spec stuff we use on the Stock Cars. Finally I gave the car a quick wash and it looked better straight away. However I've got a good spanner sessions ahead of me as I'll need to renew the braking systems and sort a few other things before I can present for MOT and look towards getting the car UK registered.